Nothing like a little DIY to start the week off right. On Friday, I posted a little neon jewelry inspiration that I found on Pinterest. Looking thought the different posts of chandelier earrings made me want to make a pair of my own. And when these BRAND NEW (not even on the website yet) neon crystals crossed my desk, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. The question was, however, HOW to do it?
10pc – Head pins
2pc – neon blue crystal 77CD662-N
2pc – neon pink crystal 75CD694-N
4pc – neon green crystal 75CD684-N
4pc – neon yellow crystal 75CD622-N
10pc – cup chain connector
4in – coral rhinestone chain
10in – turquoise rhinestone chain
1pr – glue-on earring posts
clear scrap plastic
1) Trim rhinestone chain to size. Cut coral chain into 4 pieces of 5 stones each. Cut turquoise chain into 2 pieces of 11 stones, and 4 pieces of 8 stones each.
2) Apply a small amount of glue to the back of last stone on the rhinestone chain. (Image 1)
3) Place chain into the cup connector and press shut with a flat nose plier. Repeat with each length of rhinestone chain. (Image 2 & 3)
4) Trim a piece of scrap plastic to 1/2 in by 3/4 of an inch. Cover with a generous amount of glue. (Image 4 & 5)
5) Set rhinestone chain onto the glue with the coral pieces on the outside and the longest turquoise piece in the center. Use a head pin to make sure each length is lined up evenly. Set aside to dry. (Image 6 & 7)
6) Using the head pins, make charms with each of the beads except the pink one. (Image 8-11)
7) Using the scrap wire from one of the head pins, make a loop on the end. Thread on the pink bead and make a loop on the opposite end. (Image 12-15)
8) Connect the pink bead to the blue bead. (Image 16)
9) Open each loop and connect them to the rhinestone chain in this order: Neon yellow beads to the coral rhinestone. Neon green beads to the shorter turquoise chain. Neon pink and blue beads to the longest center chain. (Image 17 & 18)
10) Apply a generous amount of glue to the earring back and attach it to the center of the earring. Allow at least 24 hours of dry time before wearing. (Image 19 & 20)
11) Once dry, trim up the plastic backing if necessary.
The neon crystal used here is not yet on the website but is available for sale. It should be available online shortly, but if you just can’t wait then call our toll-free line, 1-800-950-4232. We have the four colors shown above in two sizes, 6x8mm and 8x10mm. Just be sure to give the sales person the item numbers (seen above) when you call.
Normally I try not to post with items that aren’t on our website yet, but I was so excited to see these, I just couldn’t wait! I hope you can forgive me. I’m just a little crazy for neon at the moment. I think it may be a sickness. Neon fever maybe? I don’t know, but I hope it’s contagious!