December may be a time for gift giving and presents under the tree but for me it’s when I celebrate my wedding anniversary. My husband and I were married on December 22nd, a date that signifies both our favorite numbers; his being 12 and mine being 22. Most people think that spring and summer are the best time for weddings, but I happily disagree! This bracelet, of course, doesn’t just have to be for the winter bride. It’s just as lovely and decadent at any time of the year!
20pc – Swarovski Crystal White Pearl 5mm
16pc – Swarovski Crystal White Pearl 4mm
20pc – Swarovski Rondelle Crystal AB Finish 4mm
4pc – Swarovski Two Hole Stairway Crystal AB Finish 10mm
3pc – Swarovski Square Two Hole Crystal AB Finish 8mm
1pc – Tierracast Toggle 2 Strand Heirloom Antique Silver
4pc – Tierracast Crimp Tube 2x2mm Bright Silver
4pc – Tierracast Crimp Cover 3mm Bright Silver
24in – Soft Touch .014 21 Strand Satin Silver
Complete supply list available HERE.
1) Cut two, 12 inch pieces of beading wire. Secure the ends with tape or bead stoppers.
2) String on a 4mm pearl on each strand, followed by crystal rondells, 5mm pearl, rondell and another 5mm pearl. (Image 1-2)
3) String on a crystal stairway bead. (Image 3)
4) Follow the stairway bead with 5mm pearls, crystal rondells, and 4mm pearls. Then, add a crystal 2-hole square bead. (Image 4)
5) String on 4mm pearls, crystal rondells, and 5mm pearls, followed by a stairway bead. (Image 5)
6) Continue to follow the pattern in steps 3-5 until you have used 3 2-hole squares and 4 stairway beads. (Image 6)
7) Finish by stringing beads in the reverse patter of step 2, above. (Not pictured)
8) Using a pair of crimp bead pliers, secure the beading wire to one end of the toggle clasp. Repeat with the second strand and cover each crimp with a crimp bead cover. (Images 7-8)
9) Repeat step 8, above with the opposite end of the clasp. (Images 9-11)
10) Finished bracelet measures 7.5 inches exactly. Adjust the amount of pearls at the end to make the bracelet smaller or larger as needed. (Image 12)
The most beautiful thing about the Aurora Borealis finish on the crystal beads is how multi-dimensional it is. Scrolling through the pictures, you will notice how sometimes it can appear more blue, or sometimes more yellow. When the light hits just right, it will send sparkles in every direction. Pair it with different colors of pearls or beads and you will see even more color variation in the crystal.
I included a lot of pictures in this post so you would be able to see just how many different colors are displayed. Crystal AB is an extremely versatile color that will add loads of sparkle to any piece and is especially beautiful when paired with a classic white pearl. While this was designed to be more of a bridal piece, it can be worn at any special occasion where a little more bling is required.
The holidays are right around the corner and right now Shipwreck Beads is offering a special on gift cards for all you last-minute holiday shoppers. Spent $75 in gift cards and get a $10 gift card FOR FREE! That’s right, folks. We are giving you $10 for free. Offer is applied by our sales staff after check out. Deal ends on December 24th. Tomorrow is also the last day to save 20% off your entire order, (excluding gift cards, PMC, and in-store classes.) You can also save an additional 50% on vintage seed beads and 15% on all Czech glass beads. Don’t delay, you don’t want to miss out on these great deals.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and since this will likely be my last blog post of the year, a very happy new year’s as well!!